Monday, August 21, 2006

Into the Woods

After spending nearly a week with Great Oppressor J's family in Idaho when Great Oppressor B went to see his family in New York, I have been rewarded for my week of sitting around waiting for one of my Great Oppressors to return with... the reuniting of the Great Oppressors in Montana. That's a lot of Great Oppression to cram into one sentence! The wireless access at the hotel is certainly an added bonus, since I was going insane there in Oregon with such limited opportunities to jack in. Great Oppressor B is worn out from a long day of traveling and may not stir for another day or so, but J seems to be a bit livelier despite her 16-mile hike yesterday. She was hiking in from here...

Great Oppressor B and I will be joining Great Oppressor J next week for her last stint in the woods, and then we will all be together again in semi-lovely Denver, where my life will again adopt some consistency. This traveling around really wears a girl out, so I am superpsyched to get some time in the woods and then return to my couch. Hopefully J won't have to spend too much time in the woods cleaning up things like this...

This seat and the accompanying unburied poop was four miles from the trailhead, left for Great Oppressor J to clean up and pack out. I've said it before and I'll say it again, people are animals.

4 comments:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Sid,

Welcome to www.dogswithblogs.com.au - it's great to have you aboard ! You will make lots of nw friends here - we are a great bunch of doggies :-)

Love
Opy

Connie said...

Savages.

It is one thing to litter your way through yellowstone, but come on, what kind of person hauls a toilet seat into the back country? SERIOUSLY?!?!?

Tin Tin Blogdog said...

Hey there Sid,

Sounds like your Great Oppressors have bundles of energy for hiking and stuff.

Hope you get to go on hikes sometime with them.

My mum takes me with her when she cycles, and I have to run.

Now tell me what's wrong with that picture. Me run. Human walks. Hmmmm.

Chow for now,

Tin Tin xo

Sid the Dog said...

Hey Tin Tin-
Yes, the GOs do often bring me on hikes. I have even been forced to carry my own food and such in my personal pack, although they forgot to bring it with them this time so I will be spared that indignity. Doesn't seem fair about the bike... Just remember, our day will come!