Friday, April 14, 2006

Voodoo Kitty

You might notice that I haven't posted anything in a while. I've been spending some time on my spring projects, like the one-act play I'm writing about a smoked hickory-flavored cow femur. Those are so good. I've also been trying to lie in the sun and get some color during the afternoons, and it's just been too nice to sit at a computer. I was also waiting for something blog-worthy, which arrived last night when one of the Great Oppressors returned home from a business trip and brought the other Great Oppressor a gift.

I couldn't get any sleep with this thing staring at me all night. It looks like a cross between one of those creepy wind-up monkey toys and some sort of bobcat voodoo doll. I can't decide what makes me more nervous. Is it the real animal fur? The lazy eye of the mother bobcat? The exposed belly and open mouth of the second kitten from the left? What you can't tell by the picture is that all of the kitten heads are on little springs and bob up and down. The most disturbing thought is that someone spent lots of time lovingly crafting this monstrosity: painting stripes on the meticulously trimmed rabbit fur, glueing the hideous little eyes on the heads, inserting tiny springs so that the wee heads could bobble... So messed up.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Seriously, where did your parents get that? Crazy Frightening Pet Store? It gave me nightmares.

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»