Thursday, January 03, 2008

Mrs. Robinson

Well, the holidays kind of slipped away from me again. Here it is, 2008 already! This is my 11th year of brightening up the world with my awesomeness, and I have to say it's off to an excellent start thus far. Now that B and J have finally seen the light and purchased a yard and home befitting my lifestyle, it has been possible for me to finally entertain some gentleman callers. Yes, it's time for me to settle down with one man. Enough of this carefree bachelorette lifestyle for me... Yes... 11... It's time.

So, B and J hooked me up with this great dating service called New Hope Cattle Dogs. They're pretty much the bomb, I have to say. The New Hope people, that is. These guys even deliver and shuttle the dates to my house! Most of the dogs come from pretty bad situations, but I find that an intricate past deepens a man and makes him more fascinating. Observe...


This is my first date, Rusty. Rusty and I got along really well when his foster parents were around. Rusty came from Utah and was apparently kicked in the head by a cow. Chicks dig scars, I told him... The people in Utah not only failed to claim Rusty when he was found with a large gash in his head, but they'd already docked his tail! Barbarians!

Rusty and I hit it off, although he has gotten really attached to his foster parents and got pretty upset when they left for a while to pick up a puppy. I'll admit that the sexual tension in the air deflated a bit at this point in the date... He did a lot of pacing and waiting by the window.

While Rusty was very nice (and funny, too. He peed on J's leg! I love a man with a sense of humor), Rusty's foster parents took him home at the end of the date and suggested that I try out some younger men. You see, though I am 11 and just had ACL surgery in October, I am not showing many signs of slowing down thus far. The knowledge that Rusty will still be well taken care of even if he doesn't come to reside here comforted us, so we all agreed to "play the field," so to speak. Today, enter Rocky...


Stunning, isn't he? I mean, I knew there were some nice-looking dogs on the website but I wasn't expecting man candy for this old cougar! He's only 1 year old! Isn't that absolutely SCANDALOUS!!! Tee hee... It was a pretty awesome first date. Rocky's very nice foster mom took him to our house and we hung out for a little while and exchanged pleasantries. Then I found out that he gets to sleep over for a while! J took us for a walk later on and that went well. Then things really started heating up later on.








The new man of the house reclining in his new chair... Looks a little like me in black and white in this shot...


Koo-koo-ka-choo, Mrs. Robinson. Now we have a 3-week trial period to see if this is the right fit, after which Rocky may just stay with us forever. I love Internet dating!

5 comments:

Deefor said...

Hi Sid
Dates look exciting. I wish someone would bring some girl dogs around here. I live in Colorado too.

Deefor

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

That is awesome that you found a friend. We sure hope that he can stay. Louie and I are blue heelers too. Mom says we have way to much energy so her and Dad take us to the lake a lot which we don't mind at all....

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Sid the Dog said...

Hi Deefor-
I will say that dating has its privileges. Have you considered eHarmony? I'm sure there are other Colorado ladies out there for you...

Hi Gus and Louie-
Don't see many of us heelers out here on the Internets! I suspect it's because we are too involved with the plot to take over the world.

I hope Rocky can stay too! J seems convinced...

-Sid the Dog

Kathryn and Ari said...

New friends are great--nothing beats wrecking a house with another dog!

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Sid,
I am one handsome stud!! Perhaps I could be a gentlemen caller!!

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie