Monday, January 14, 2008

Vive le Weekend



Well, still a little tired from this weekend of milestones. Not only was it a busy weekend for the world of the Great Oppressors (Golden Globes press conference! Dread Dallas Cowboys defeated! Cowboy approach to foreign policy on the part of another Texan continues!), but we were busy here in the Heelersphere as well. Observe...

J, Rocky, and I went to the dog park just outside of Golden for some socialization time. There were some nice dogs here, and we all enjoyed chasing Rocky around the compound. J met some nice fellow Great Oppressors as well, although she could have done without the snooty woman who bred Jack Russells and said something to the effect of "well, he [Rocky] seems like a good dog for a rescue dog." You know, I'm a bitch but that doesn't mean I appreciate listening to the two-legged ones, particularly when they're elitists.


At any rate, Rocky is slowly getting used to the idea of two-legged males. He sat next to this guy for a couple of minutes, although he still wasn't entirely sure if this was a good idea or not.



It was a busy weekend for J as well. Some of her friends came over on Sunday to train for some event called "Geek Bowl," a local trivia event with a cash prize. It was really just an excuse to inflict two indignities on Rocky and me.
1. Squawkers McCaw.



Squawkers, pictured here, is an animatronic parrot that speaks, blinks its eyes, snores, flaps its wings, etc. Utterly creepy. It is trainable, so the Great Oppressors have trained it to speak Samuel L. Jackson sound clips from the Internet. Sometimes I wonder why we dogs have chosen to hitch our wagon to their star.

2. Deep Blue Sea. There was a viewing of this "film" in our basement shortly after the geek study period ended. I won't try to explain how bad it is for the benefit of those who have thus far avoided it. I'll just include the pivotal moment in the film here to illustrate my point.

A shark ate me!

Readers (or reader...), I fear what J has in store for next weekend. B needs to come home soon!

5 comments:

Southbaygirl said...

Great blog sid! Another Heeler blog-yeah!!!!! red heelers rock! But that's because I am a red heeler!!! check out my blog:
www.velcrotheaustraliancattledog.blogspot.com

long live ACD's!

velcro

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Rocky looks like a very nice companion to us besides he is blue like me so he can't be all that bad!! Blue heelers rule!!!

As for that lady saying bad things about you, you want me to come over and take care of her.. I don't like humans messing with my Mom or Louie... Dad even gets barked at when he kisses Mom!! (I tiny bit of jealousy going on)

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Kathryn and Ari said...

Oh, poor Samuel L. Jackson--how did it come to this? I think they borrowed the shark costume from Saturday Night Live's "Land Shark" routine with Chevy Chase:
Flowers?
Candygram?
Really, m'am, I'm just a dolphin!

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

You 2 do the same thing that Louie and I do after a hard weekend.. Mom says that is when we are on our best behavior...

Blue Heelers Rule!
Gus and Louie

Bev said...

Nice Squawkers pictures. Did you know Squawkers has a Flick'r group? I'd love to have your shots added if you are interested.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/678632@N24/