Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Hands Off My Poop


Poop like this gets me steamed! Apparently, the good people of San Francisco are planning on exploiting the canine residents of the city by converting dog dung into energy. A "recycling" company (recycling years of dominance on the part of humans if you ask me) is going to set up a collection system for poop within SF parks. This poop will then be placed in a sort of compost bin, where the methane gas resulting from the natural disintegration of the poop will power the tools of the oppressors that can be run off methane gas. Experts predict that the poop of well-fed American dogs could produce 20 to 30 dollars worth of energy per ton of waste.
What I want to know is, where will that 20 to 30 dollars worth end up? Will it end up back with the workers? Dogs, stand up and demand your rights to the means of production! This is our poop! Remember, it's a slippery slope we're dealing with here. We cannot allow the fumes from our poop to be used to drive the engine of their capitalist machine! At least not without some sort of cut... I propose some sort of energy cooperative in which dogs bring the product from start to finish and reap the benefits of our labors. Something! Anything! Workers of the world unite!
It's time to take to the streets, dogs of SF... I thought you could use this picture of me for some of the HANDS OFF MY POOP campaign posters. Don't I look resolute?

No comments: